Google just released the results of a study on the most hackable passwords. This is a follow up t0 4 months back when a TON of people said their password was....1,2,3,4.
1. The names of your pets.
2. Important dates, like wedding anniversaries.
3. A family member's birthday.
4. Your child's name.
5. Another family member's name.
6. Your hometown.
7. Your favorite holiday.
8. Something related to your favorite sports team.
9. Your significant other's name.
10. The word "password."
They also found about 50% of people have told other people their passwords. 3% leave their passwords written on a post-it note on their desk. Keep it simple stupid is NOT the best practice here.